Wednesday 15 July 2015

English Afternoon Tea Dessert



The other day my mother was telling me how thrilled she was that she found these new English Afternoon Tea Desserts on special offer in M&S.  The packaging describes them as almond and earl grey flavour sponge topped with a sparkling wine flavour mousse, strawberry compote, decorated with a strawberry sauce and white chocolate piece. They certainly sound intriguing, especially the sparkling wine flavour mousse.
She was looking forward to trying one that evening and I asked her to let me know what it was like.
On appearance, they look very cute and quite similar to cherry bakewells. However, I can inform you that, according to my mother (whose taste buds are pretty trustworthy), they were a disappointment. The base was soggy and the 'mousse' was more like blancmange. Taste wise, it was awful (and my mother likes earl grey). She couldn't taste any almond or earl grey and the sparkling wine flavour was cheap. The strawberry compote centre didn't make up for this lack of flavour. She did, however, like the small little piece of white chocolate on the top!
Now we understand why they were on offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...