Saturday 30 May 2015

Willie's Cacoa: Colombian Gold



This is Willie's highest % cacao bar so be prepared for something really bitter. I was bracing myself when I tried this, but was pleasantly surprised to get a subtly fruity after-taste. The packaging says that it has redcurrant and spice notes, although I swear I could taste cherry too. However, the bar is not that large and so had disappeared by the time I could clarify this for certain! I like the fact that Willie explores all corners of the world with his cacao. The bars don't even have vanilla or soya lecithin added to them so you certainly get the raw taste of cacao, just as it should be. I'm not completely converted to cacao, and certainly not converted to the bitterness of a high % of cacao or cocoa solids, but a small little bar like this is a nice change once in a while. Considering the price, however, I would not buy it again.
£2.99 for 80g, Ocado


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...