Wednesday 11 March 2015

Review: Van Der Meulen Melba Thins

I spotted these in my local Tesco, and since they are new, I decided to get them instead of crisps as per usual (plus they looked a lot more healthy!)
Pictured here are the original, but I got the wholegrain ones. There are 10 individually-wrapped packets per box. Considering there are only 77 calories per packet,  I was pleasantly surprised to find 6 slices per packet. But... each slice is really quite small.

The box recommends eating them with cheese, pate, salmon or ham, cucumber, avocado or jam. But the individually wrapped packets lend themselves to popping them in your handbag and eating on the go, surely contradicting the cream/jam/avocado recommendation??! As I would with crisps, I took them to work and ate them plain, straight from the packet. I liked the crunch/snap that they had, but they weren't nearly as tasty as flavoured crisps. They were bland and tasted too much like eating plain wholemeal toast. Perhaps I will follow the recommendation and eat them with some cream cheese when I finish the remaining 9 packets! 

On the positive side, they were more filling than expected (they are pretty small really), but I won't be buying them again.



£1.29 for a box of 10 packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...