Thursday 5 March 2015

Review: Taylor's Sweet Rhubarb Tea

I saw this in Waitrose and couldn't resist! It sounded like an interesting flavour for a herbal tea and I am a fan of rhubarb. I could even smell it through the box. Upon opening the box, I was hit by the delicious smell of rhubarb and custard which wafted out... how tempting! I left the tea bag in the water to diffuse for about 4 minutes as advised on the box as the smell grew ever stronger. By the time I took the tea bag out, the water was a deep pink and I was so eager to taste this it that I almost scolded my tongue. But not quite! 
However, the taste didn't quite live up to my expectations. It certainly was better than a lot of other fruit teas though; better quality and not nearly as bitter and flavourless. In fact, the flavour was pleasant, and I would certainly drink it again, but it just wasn't as rhubarby or as sweet as the smell caused me to expect. Overall, though, a great winter-warmer. I wonder how it would work as a refreshing iced-tea. I may well find out if the weather at the weekend is a nice as is forecast! 



Purchased from Waitrose: £2.99 for a pack of 20 individually wrapped tea bags. (And the box is nice, too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...