Saturday 21 March 2015

Review: Innocent Perfectly Pink

I've been meaning to try this intriguing new smoothie from Innocent for a while now, and it was certainly worth the wait. It's primary ingredients are apples, pears and beetroot (which accounts for its dramatic pink hue). The pear is the strongest flavour, but it's a clean, refreshing and inoffensive taste, sweet just to the right degree. You rarely find a taste like this from a smoothie or a juice, and I like the originality of it. I couldn't distinguish a beetroot taste, which is probably a good thing, but I reckon the beetroot contributes to the slightly earthy taste and takes the edge of the acidity of the apples.

Beetroot is a 'super food', and it felt great to be drinking something so healthy but which was also incredibly tasty. I would not hesitate to get it again, if only it was a bit more affordable. It's £3.00 for just 750ml in Sainsbury's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...